Saturday, July 16, 2005

Lou Jacobs


These are the last of my mother's clown pictures.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the train wreck pictures. I have a set from the 1901 Barnum & Bailey wreck in Germany, pretty gruesome tho. On the back of one is written "In this wreck the show lost 70 head of horses and ponies. Ring Stock boss Bill Smith and Mrs. Bailey's coachman were killed. That was the last of the 70 horse act." It is signed by Jake Posey.

John Herriott is going up to Peru next weekend for his admission into the Hall of Fame. I have decided it best that I accompany the Colonel in an advisory capacity.
Buckles

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off the subject, did you know your name is spelled wrong at the beginning of the blog.? Someone left the L out.

Anonymous said...

Buckles: Glad you will be making the Peru trip with Colonel Herriott next weekend in PERU,IN.......And to think Colonel J.M.Herriott will be inducted into the Circus Hall of Fame...Great Honor....I will be kicking off the OABA - Forepaugh-Lubin Circus Fund Drive in Peru..Hope to asee you all in Peru..

Anonymous said...

Talk about strange happenings, I just mailed my donation this morning for the fund. I really have enjoyed the White Tops magazine this year. Buckles - Herriott are a pair. Would love to be able to do jackpots with them. I remember Paul and Dottie Kelly with fond memories. We did winter dates for their cage act in the 60s.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up Rebecca. I corrected the error.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could correct my errors as easly. My spelling leaves much to be desired. My biggest error was leaving the circus. Have regreted it for 40 years.

Anonymous said...

A great photo of Mr. Jacobs! - Bud

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the pointed head. Did he have the little dog that ran around a table spinning as Lou played the trumpet? I thought he made his interence in a little car. Have I got the right clown? 40 years I remember the elephants and other animals. People I get confused about.

Anonymous said...

1am in the morning and I can't sleep because of a clown name. It came to me BO BO Barnett. He had the little dog and car. Now am I a circus nut or not? Now I can get to sleep. Night all.