Saturday, January 14, 2017

#1 Sixty Years Ago!

We are going down to Sarasota today to witness the Awards Ceremony so I thought these pix might fit in.
To re-cap, I had just received my Army Draft Notice and with my Family safely ensconced with the Tex Carson Circus for the season and a month or so before I had to report I decided to see what the World contained beside myself.
Remarkably having been born and raised with circuses I had never been in Florida so I hopped on a Bus to Sarasota and got a temporary job working for Hugo Schmitt.
Fortunately I had sense enough to take a camera and this was my first picture.

5 comments:

Chic Silber said...


A glance at my calendar

this morning reminds me

that this coming Monday

is not only a federal

holiday but also the

3rd Monday of the month

Are we due for a Sonny's

gabfest gathering or what

Boots & shovel at the ready

Chic Silber said...


There was a tremendous

turnout last night at

the ShowFolks club for

the Charlie Schlarbaum

memorial hosted by the

ever elegant Micheline

& Ian Garden & catered

by their daughter Jeannie

A contingent of Windjammers

provided an exceptional

concert of our favorites

An even larger grouping

of these dedicated music

magicians will provide a

preawards concert today

at about 1 O'Clock or so

Weather is just perfect

Chic Silber said...


Hard to believe the press release
from Feld late Saturday night

Ringling Brothers Circus is closing down
after more than 100 years in operation
according to a press release on Saturday
January 14th 2017 from Feld Entertainment
Final performances will be in May this year
CEO Kenneth Feld said

Don said...

The lunch bunch will have a lot to talk about at Sonny's on Monday.

Don Covington

BARBARA WOODCOCK said...

I said on Face Book that we would be at "Sonny's Bar-B-Q the third Monday, which is this Mon. And I expect we will have to wear TALL TALL boots. There might even be a little swearing, using bad language maybe? You think ? Hey ladies we out numbered the men one time. Think we can do it again ?.......Barbara.....