Monday, October 19, 2015

Bull Men #11


Smokey and "Anna May".
Taken in 1965 when we took over the Polack elephants and left "Anna May" with Smokey to finish out some dates. This was "Around the world in 80 Days" in St. Louis.

5 comments:

Chic Silber said...


I believe it was the summer of 65

that I was head frontlight on a

tremendous production of that show

at the 6500 seat Jones Beach Marine

Amphitheater on Long Island that

had Dom DeLouise in it but I don't

know which elephant was there

Chic Silber said...


This production with Smokey would

have been at the Starlight Theater

Another outdoor joint

Chic Silber said...


I worked on a production of

"Girl Crazy" at the Starlight in

1960 directed by Dick Barstow

Unknown said...

Smokey never had much good to say about the Englishmen he had worked with. The exception was Michael Rennie, whom I believe starred in the St. Louis production of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS.

Roger Smith said...

Michael Rennie starred in my favorite '50s sci-fi film, THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. I followed his career after that as a big fan. A favorite Western from that time, also, starred Gregory Peck in THE GUNFIGHTER. I got quite a kick the day I was called to Stage 8, at 20th Century-Fox, and stood looking at the credits plaque all studios have on their stages. Both of these were listed for the interior scenes.