Thursday, March 05, 2015

From Glenn Sullivan

Mr Woodcock,
my name is Glenn Sullivan. We were introduced by Scott Riddle when a few of us were attending an EMA in Florida in 2008. We were very fortunate to meet both you and Mr Herriot as you both took the time and offered your hospitality at the Showfolks club. I will remember the occasion with fondness as you and Mr Herriot shared stories from your career, especially Mr Herriott having the 'floor' for most of our short visit. His passion for circus and animals was evident in his vivid descriptions of events, people and places of some things well before I was even conceived. I have had a strong interest in circus all my life but unfortunately became a zoo guy instead. After meeting you both it only further consolidated my interest in circus and it's history. I have followed your blog since its inception and have stored many photographs of Mr Herriot. I can see that he was an ol' friend to you and I can only offer my sincere sympathy to you and to the Herriot family and hope you don't mind sharing this with them. It shows how far reaching his impact has been during his lifetime. I hope you and your family are in good health and look forward to communicating in the future.
Sincerely

Glenn Sullivan
Senior keeper, Elephants
Taronga Western Plains zoo
Dubbo,NSW
Australia,2830

1 comments:

Chic Silber said...


Thanks for sharing all of this

I have been to the main Taronga

Zoo across Sydney harbor several

times Glenn but never to Dubbo

Taronga is certainly of the best

animal parks in the entire world

Where abouts is Dubbo & please

send photos of your elephants