Friday, January 02, 2015

Circus Vargas #10



"Joe" was a harmless old lump, never a minutes trouble.
He was the first elephant I know of being castrated, I had a chance to buy him several years previously right after the operation while we out there with Sid Kellner for $500 but he looked so deplorable I passed,....big mistake.

I made a similar mistake several years later when I passed on Sheryl Shaver's big male but I'm having a Senior Citizen moment remembering his name.
I'm sure someone out there can prompt me.

5 comments:

Buckles said...

It comes to me now.....Carden's big male "Beau".

Chic Silber said...


Good ol Joe died at a compound in

Germany (where Krone sent him in

retirement) in May of 2012 @ 48

Chic Silber said...


Good ol Tommy made it to age 58

& Siam reached 60 years of age

Roger Smith said...

I'm wondering if by Sheryl Shaver you meant Cheryl Shawver. She had a single African elephant out here at her place in the canyons South of Thousand Oaks, but Roland Raffler tells me she sold him or her some time back.

Buckles said...

I believe you're right.