Friday, July 25, 2014

More "Odie-Dodie"


Joe must have done well with Kelly-Miller since he ran this ad in the 1957 Route Book including pictures of his daughters while they visited during school vacation.
Reviewing this book Dick MacLaughlin wrote, "Pretty girls but which one is Oddy and which is Doddy?"

Eric Beheim, did you ever meet Odie?
He often accompanied Smokey when he visited us when we played Calif. with the Polack Show.
The last time I saw him Smokey started laughing and said "Odie, tell Buckles what happened the other day at the track!" and he said, "The horses were coming down the stretch and I was so excited I got whizzed for my block!" (some scoundrel had lifted his wrist watch).




1 comments:

Unknown said...

I never met Odie, but Smokey used to talk about him with a high degree of respect and awe.