Saturday, March 30, 2013

From Billie Schuller


Whenever I see a photo of Smokey Jones it reminds me of a dinner I attended in Baraboo several years ago. Smokey was there and Helen Billetti and we had an enjoyable time. I had a few photos with me and Smokey asked if I had one of LaTosca. I didn't have one with me, but later when he was in the nursing home I sent him a copy of this one. Never new for sure if he got it.
The elephants across the bottom are a bracelet. Smokey carried several and would give them away. He gave one to Helen and one to me.

Ole Whitey wants to know about the "Dramatic End" tent. This what I have found.
Jere C. Mickel says in "Footlights on the Prairie":
The Baker-Lockwood Tent and Awning Company was involved in a suit in 1905 over the concept of eliminating the center pole in front of the stage which included the concept of the dramatic end. The court found that the dramatic end had been in use by several different companies and methods before 1900 so the suit was dismissed.
Billie

1 comments:

Ole Whitey said...

Thanks, Billie- I hope you're doing well.