Sunday, September 16, 2012

Any info on this?



My wife asked if I would put this on the Blog.
I remember the name Barbara among the elephant riders but can't quite put a face on her.
She checked out the Riddle Sanctuary but that "Peggy" was the former "Eva" that I once owned.
The one she rode was from the Billy Smart Circus herd purchased and delivered from England in 1972.
When we left the show, Axel and Gunther picked thru the herd and the "Peggy" in question went to the Red Show where she remained at least thru 1996.
In all probability she spent or is spending her last days at the Ringling Elephant Retirement Center at Polk City.

2 comments:

GaryHill said...

Peggy was a sweet elephant. Janice took my picture ridin on her head during one of the elephant walks from or to Circus World from the Davenport tracks..you let me use her on the ride when we had large crowds too..

Bud said...

Gary is correct & that must have been One Long SMO-O-O-TH Ride !

Peggy 1977 was a LARGE, easy going Mature Elephant at Circus World -
I often rode her in Finale ; the Lead Elephant entering from Stage Right going into The Cross Mount -

There was A Barbara ( M ? ) also with Axels Crew 1978 at C W -