Received this montage from Dave Price. |
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Buckles Blog. This site is for the discussion of Circus History all over the world.
Powered by Blogger. DownRight Blogger Theme v1.4 created by (© 2007) Thur Broeders
5 comments:
Isn't that poster on the far right
one of those that were interchangeably used for Mr Castle and Con Colleano ?
Con Colleano's name was crosslined over Hubert Castle's for a time but the poster was designed for Castle.
Cole Bros also had a Con Colleano poster, so I assume they crosslined these when they ran out of Colleano posters.
Or possibly while waiting for the Colleanos to be printed?
Hal Silvers started his career with Schell Bros. Circus in the 1920 era. I have documented photos of Hal on the show that were located in the archives of Bud Devere a nephew of George Engesser.
Bill Powell
I remember his talking about what a great show Barnes-Sells-Floto was and I assume he was over there at some point during the two years that combined title was used.
OLE WHITEY: I have to put Hubert's time on AGB-SF as 1938, as he told me of knowing Mabel Stark over there, and she was at the Steel Pier and Benson's for 1937. Over that winter, in Baldwin Park, she broke 22 mixed lions and tigers for the combine. When RBB features joined out on July 11, in Redfield, South Dakota, some acts were cut due to the length of the show, among them Dolly Jacobs riding cats. But Mabel's big act remained. Hubert allowed that he and Mabel failed to form a friendship.
Post a Comment