Tuesday, May 31, 2011

L.E. Barnes #13


0011, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.


From Buckles


2001 was a year I'll not forget, our first season after leaving Big Apple.
We opened in Florida with Universoul but had to leave after the first couple of months due to a pre existing contract with the Catskill Game Farm.
While at Catskill we visited LE Barnes one evening while they were showing nearby. Had nice visits with Laura Herriott and Louie Del Moral.
As seen above it was a beautiful show.
Later in the summer we received word that Gunther had died, although it was general knowledge he had been ill, it came as quite a shock.
Then one morning shortly after returning to Universoul in Detroit, I was unloading groceries from the pick up when Shannon gave me the news that someone had flown an air plane into the NY Trade Center.




6 comments:

Chic Silber said...

Similar to other "world impact"

events I'd be sure everyone can

remember that morning well

I was in a theater in Holland

on the phone with my assistant

in N Y reviewing color codes

Ryan Easley said...

Buckles,
It sounds like Louie had elephants on L.E. Barnes? Who were the bulls on the show?

Buckles said...

Louie was working three Carson & Barnes bulls but I have long since forgotten which three.
I think he said he had replaced another elephant man.

Casey McCoy Cainan said...

Minnie, Bunny, and Whimpy...

24*hour*man said...

I beleive it was Minnie Isa & Whimpy

Chic Silber said...

It appears that this may have been

taken during a slough and not a

setup but there are a great many

gawkers & folded arms for sure

It would be a bad time for a big

wind to arrive