Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From Dominic Yodice #1


Elephant Act Jacket, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Hi Buckles,
Sorry that I am sending these photos so long after the group discussion but my computer was out of commission again for a few weeks.
Since there was lengthy discussion about the costumes worn by Lye Bettger in The Greatest Show On Earth, I thought the readers might enjoy seeing them up close.
I have many costumes worn by Bettger, Hutton, Stewart and others in my collection.
The red elephant act jacket was in great shape when I obtained it. All I had to do was replace the epaulets as they had but ugly red ones on the jacket. I had these epaulets custom made to match the originals.

4 comments:

Jon Pult said...

I was always curious about the bull hook used....any info on that?

Jim Z said...

I wonder what happened to the slick gambling table that hung off the car window like a tray at Dog N Suds???

Chic Silber said...

I've got one of those Jim

Perhaps it should go on Ebay

(if I only knew how) or else

it may end up in the dumpster

along with most of my stuff

Jim Z said...

Chic..
send a photo to Buckles...
and then sell me the List of private Emails you recieve about it...
That way I know who to contact to work in the "Blow-off" ...