Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ringling Barnum ELEPHANTS HORSE & CLOWN (1943)

From Chris Berry

The Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus used this familiar graphic for decades on letterhead, route cards and other printed material. This one sheet version of the image was posted for an appearance at Hartford's Barbour Street Show Grounds in 1943. It was on the same lot one year later that the tragic big top fire claimed at least 168 lives.


"One of my ambitions in life was to have my name on one of those business cards. John Herriott made it but by the time I arrived the Felds had discontinued using this design."
Buckles

3 comments:

Frank Ferrante said...

For years I had a license plate with this design and for years after I left the road it provided me with primo parking at any arena where RBBB was playing. :-) ~frank
(Someone finally stole it off my 65 Mustang.)

Chic Silber said...

Among my prized possesions are

a few remaining 5 color real

engraved (not flat printed)

business cards of this design

with my name and title

Another is my last RB photo ID

signed by Kenneth (long ago)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Shannon could whip up some of those business cards pretty easy!

Carl