Saturday, September 26, 2009

Steam Calliope 44 #1 (From David Morecroft)


101_0313, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Buckles;;
I sure enjoy your blog and wanted to add this scents I seen the Steam CaLLiope spread you did ...

Labor-day weekend my Steam CaLLiope 44 travailed and played with the Carson and Barnes Circus.. 3 days at Hyland Indiana and a 1 day stand at Three Rivers Michigan.. This was the first time scents 1962 a Steam CaLLiope travailed and played with a Circus, and that was the Cristiani show in 1962..
It may have only been 4 days but we did make History ..

First pic ,
on the lot in Hyland Ind. taking on water from the water/stake-driver truck,.

1 comments:

Ron Henon said...

Buckles and Family,
Lucio Cristiani and Family,
and myself (Ron Henon and wife)
spent down time from Sid Kellners Circus in Three Rivers MI maybe in 1970.

I use to drive the Cristiani Calliope (simi trailer ) in parades, ( I believe it belonged to Pete Cristiani ) on both Cristiani Bros. and Cristiani and Wallace. Sometimes I drove the Sugar Brown Tribe and some times I played in the clown band.

Ron Henon