Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don Foote #1 (From Tim Dain)


footeportrait, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Hi Buckles,
I was spending way too much time reading through your web blog, (actually I was looking for stuff on Don Foote and Came across it), and wanted to say how awesome your blog is...great archive of picture & info. I am a fan of RBBB during what I would consider it's golden years (late 60's-mid 80's). I work as an actor, director, costume design, & techie & have met or gotten to know many of you show folks from that time period. I worked at several theatres in Sarasota over the last couple of years & have worked for Feld myself...but am a big fan of Don Footes work but there is so little information on him out there...unless you talk to showfolks that worked with him. ( I am currently working at Disney & two of my stage managers, Dora Franklin & Heidi Vogal,who were with RBBB
praise him so highly. I actully own two of his creations. 1 is a costume sketch from his pre circus career (I think) and one costume peice I picked up at yard sale in Sarasota..
At`any rate i have some photos I would like to share with you:
the first one is of myself, Charly Bauman, & Ursula Bottcher at the circus museum for Charly's induction to the circus hall of fame- I think I met Barbara that night too....
the rest is pics of Don's work I have found online...
thanks
Tim Dain

0 comments: