Sunday, December 28, 2008

From Paul Gutheil


certificate, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.



Was so sorry to hear yesterday that Carlos Svenson's Dad passed away. He
was a fine gentleman.
Our condolences to Carlos and family.

Saw the photos of Lee and Judy Stevens on the blog and that reminded me
that we, as friends and as officers
of the Stevens Family Tent, have been embarassingly out of touch. Also,
we have changed the name of
the tent so that we might also honor another fine and legendary person,
Ward Hall. The tent is now known
as the Lee Stevens Family - Ward Hall Tent. Copy of tent certificate
attached. Anyone wishing to join please
contact us. Due to the holidays we have not decided on dues as yet.

Lastly, a photo of a familiar and renowned gentleman, who, most of the
time, prefers to let his associates do
the smiling.

Every good wish for the New Year to all of you and to all our fellow
bloggers,

Paul

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear paul and Dianne, We are very much honored to have Ward Hall added to our tent 169, During my tenure as pres. of the International Independent Showmans Assoc. I made Ward A Director Emeritus of the club. Thank you Buckles for bringing us all together once more. Paul, we must remain in closer contact. Our love to Dianne. Most sincerely, Lee Stevens and Family

Anonymous said...

Carlos and Suzanne are wonderful people, I am very sorry to hear about their loss. When I used to visit the BAC, Carlos always made me laugh--he's a comedian in and out of the ring. My condolences to the family.
-Chris Joyce,
NY

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of leading that magnificent pair of horses down the track to the center ring. With peppermints in my pocket, spotlight on me and two lovely animals, I felt like a performer again. Carlos, thank you for the pleasure. My condolences and prayers for you loss. I hope you will continue to bring the joy and laughter to the audiences of the world as you have in the past.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about Carl Svenson. He was always a pleasure to be around. I enjoyed driving his right hand drive Bedford horsebox, and hearing Carl tell me, the way to improve the show was to add six dancing girls! Good memories of a fine showman. We will miss you Carl, as will the horses that were in your care.
Erik and Elaine Jaeger

Anonymous said...

Damn, another CFA tent to join! Seriously, Ward, congrats on this latest honor--adding to your being named to the OABA Hall of Fame earlier this year. Lane Talburt