Thursday, July 10, 2008

Al Langdon #1


Scan10403, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

In regard to Mr. Reynolds excellent article above, here are a few pictures of Mr. Langdon. This one taken at Hall's Farm in 1918 and shows "Billy" and "Katie" pulling the Indian Pete Wild West band wagon.
His earlier years come from one of my dad's letters but he didn't include the precise dates.

Al LANGDON
____ Campbell Bros. Circus
____ Barnum & Bailey
____ Powers Elephants
____ Selig Zoo
1915 J.E. Henry Show (Elephants leased from Hall)
1920 Atterbury Bros, Circus____ "
1920-22 Campbell, Bailey & Hutchinson
1923 World Bros. Circus (Fred Buchanan)
1925 John Robinson Circus
1927-28 Dorsey Bros. Circus

I was unaware of his years in Atlanta but I believe he was later at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago.
I met him once in either 1950 or "51 when he was visiting my dad on the Kelly-Miller Show.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles,
I am a relative of Als. How can we get in touch to learn more about your meeting him and your fathers letters? I would like to know more about him.
Thank you.