Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another big weekend for your host!


Scan000010802, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Tonight is the dress rehearsal of Dolly Bros. Circus, an event that has replaced the once socially important Ringling openings in Venice and Tampa.
Tomorrow night it's an evening of Gershwin, played by the Florida Symphony Orchestra at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center (compliments of Sherry Powell).
And Saturday, the Installation of Officers at the the Sarasota Showfolks Club and afterward at the bar, the uninformed will be afforded the administration of wise counsel from both myself and Col. Herriott.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man do I wish we lived alot closer to "The Showfolks State"!

Paul Gutheil

Anonymous said...

Buckles,are you going to make the rehearsal tonight? Or are you going to have to stay and see how this newest saga turns out?

Buckles said...

A Priest asked Luigi, who was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.
Luigi replied to the assembled husands, "Well, I've a-tried to treat-a her nice, spend the money on her, but best of all is that I took-a her to Italy for the 20th anniversary!" The Priest responded, "Luigi, you are an amazing inspiration to all husbands. Please tell us what you are planning for your wife for your 50th anniversary." Luigi proudly replied, "I'm a-gonna go and get her."

Buckles said...

You bet I'm going!

Anonymous said...

Margaret,
Don't make a problem!!!! I told you it was faster then aol instant messageing, but that's only if he stay's at the control's. Let Barbara tell him about the show.

P.S. FYI Mention that you have a picture of Benny on your my space with the elephants, instead of me. That should grease a few more postes through for you.

Anonymous said...

Buckles,did I mention that I have a picture of Ben on myspace...with the elephants, instead of Wade? I remember slow dancing with Benny at a party in Houston during the Texas Dates,my very first dance with a man,and I still remember it...There Wade is that greasy enough for you...laughing.