Tuesday, May 29, 2007

William Woodcock's letters #2


MAIL0397, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

From Bill Woodcock to Col. Sturtevant , Mar. 15, 1941

"Am enclosing two views of the writer and old Diamond. Disregard lettering on the front of them. These were made with Monroe Bros. in the winter of 1925-26.
When I joined the Atterbury Show, Diamond was just plain, dumb, incoherent "Diamond", I added the "Black" prefix, as I used to make a lecture on him before working his act. It stuck with him until his death.
You will note that with an overland show I found it unnecessary to keep him covered with jewelry, I red lighted a wagonload of chain.
With a railroad show conditions are different. A daily stroll of 25 miles with a mud show goes far toward taking the devilment out of these critters."

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love your blog!!!!.....Thank you for having it out there for us!!....Dorothy, "SOPRANO ON A DANCING HORSE"