Friday, April 21, 2006

To Max


Not only did I keep a card index file on individual elephants but a yearly record as seen here.
I discontinued this about 10 years ago when it became somewhat of a criminal activity. Once when having my elephants inspected by the USDA lady she mentioned that she had heard of my hobby and asked, "I don't suppose you would want me looking at this years list." and I answered "You are absolutely right, I wouldn't".
At about the same time I received a letter from my Insurance Company asking how many elephants so and so had. At that time you were charged per elephant and they had heard that this party actually had three when he was only paying for two. I of course plead ignorance.
Could you imagine what would happen today if someone went to the Manager of the Ken & Nicole Show and said, "There's some guy out back taking down the names of the elephants!"

6 comments:

Larry allen Dean said...

Shannon,
usually get 4 to 6 postings
tonight got about 52
you or me

Anonymous said...

This is off subject but i feel your opinion is probably the best in the country.Buckles, how do you feel about A.Z.A and their elephant managment pratices. such as protected contact etc? I'am a keeper at a zoo and personally i disagree with 99% of what they do. I think they spend more time "bowing down to activists and the pubic" than caring for the animals. Anyways, I think your knowledge of elephants and there management Far exceeds what you can get at any school or zoo thats why i chose you to ask you for your opinion. Thanks in advance
you can email my private if you wish
Bellaollie@hotmail.com

Buckles said...

I don't know if I can handle these compliments or not. I just might get carried away and challenge Lee Stevens in the next Gibsonton Mayoral election.
I have some good friends that are AZA members who are now taking the heat from PETA that once was reserved for us. I could see that coming.
These things run in cycles and will no doubt burn itself out in time.
As my late friend Smokey Jones used to say about zoos, "The only people who win out, come what may, are the Architects."

Anonymous said...

Never thought I would agree with Smokiy but he is close to being right enough. I never could see elephants leaving their dinner plate no matter where it is placed. In TENN the elephants still stay in the same place. I think to get them to move over the 2,700 acres they just move the food. Always with in camara view. I have yet to see where these elephants were abused. Keeping them up North was caused by these animal wrong people in the first place. Trying to scare the public about TB. They sure come up with some dillys. Keeping them from working had to be stressful and cause one to loose weight. Lord knows it worked for me. Stress is why I have stayed thin all these years. Politics is what its all about. Thank goodness we have one Mayor on the good guys side now. We need to keep track of who we vote into office and their views of animals working for a meal or two.

24-HOUR-MAN said...

Buckles, aren't you the Mayor of Sun City Center? We'll have to talk to some one about that! Now with Bobbie Gibbs & Donnie Johnson gone, who is Mayor of Segoville?

24-HOUR-MAN said...

He might have to run against his cousin Joe Zoppe, I seem to remember he was in politics there.