Thursday, April 27, 2006

"Targa" #2


Included in this picture is Hugo's wife Jennie holding "Pasha".
Leonard Bros. was owned by "Hard Times" Leonard formerly of Mills Bros. Circus but the show was originally built by Fred Pfening and known as the Fred J. Mack Circus. As you can see they had a chair grandstand, quite unusual for a show this size. These are the only pictures I have of this show but maybe I can get Fred to send me some pictures to put on the blog.
I don't know the exact date on these but in all probability the Ringling Show had already folded under canvas, was back in the barn and Concello, now back in command, was making offers for Hugo to come on home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buckles, thanks for putting this up. I had a picture Axel gave me of him working this act in the 60's, but lost it to water damage in my travels. Also lost one of Targa with fake tusk and baby Karen in spec with Hugo, From 1970 probably.

Anonymous said...

Hard Times Leonard was with us on the '64 Beatty show. Chatita Weber told me his Leonard Bros. was a beautiful show on the lot.