Monday, September 19, 2005

Polack Bros. Circus 1965/ Barbara and "Opal"


After a life time of taking care of animals, in retirement things havn't changed that much. It's still dark in the morning when I run the dogs, then down the driveway about 50 years to fetch the Tampa Tribune followed by all the neighborhood feral cats whom I then feed.
After the morning Blog it's time to march the boys down to catch the school bus and today for the first time my daughter in law will drop off little "Lumpy" as she returns to work at Busch Gardens.
It's about a mile to the area where we shop so when I make my morning rounds I'll have her buttoned down in the back seat of the van. I'm not sure how that basket fits into a shopping cart but I'll learn. Couldn't be any worse than putting a howdah on an elephant.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here. 54 dogs 11 cats Only one up and about Read the paper then put it on the floor for the older pets. Three times a day Every day Seven days a week. Thank god for the blog

Anonymous said...

You do know that your grandchild will be a babe magnet! You did know that didn,t you. Happy shopping.

Buckles said...

Not much chance of that. I just saw a picture of myself in the curent Bandwagon magazine taken at the recent CHS Convention and I not only look incredibly old but freshly exhumed.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry Buckles. You still have the old broads with good memories..

Anonymous said...

Any good looking 70 year old with a beautiful baby (infant) is going to draw attention. Makes other people ask them selves questions. I saw the picture you are talking about and Buckles you still have it.

Anonymous said...

Slow morning here. How many ladies offered to help you put Lumpys seat in the grocery cart?

Buckles said...

As it turned out Lumpy had to get a Distemper shot or something. I won't get full custody until tomorrow.