Sunday, August 28, 2005

William Woodcock Sr.


In either 1950 or 51 we were showing the Chicago area with Kelly-Miller when one morning Tom Parkinson came to the lot and took my dad downtown to the Billboard Magazine office where he was interviewed and this picture taken. On the back of this copy he wrote "Student of Circus History, Elephantology and Side Show Oratory".
On the front cover of the Jan.-Feb. 1964 Band Wagon Magazine this picture appears as well as the Billboard info in his obituary.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the closest thing to a smile I ever saw on Mr Woodcocks face. He was one of my idols in the circus. Always serious and when he spoke (which was not often) you listened. He did not mence words or make idol chatter. Neither did Mrs Woodcock. Buckles makes up for that. Neither does Buckles. He has said more on this computer then I ever heard him speak. Love every word. I always knew he was beautiful, but not this smart.