Saturday, August 20, 2005

Christy Bros. Circus 1922/ Harry James


Harry James started off on the right foot by deciding to be an elephant man but was later forced to become a musician. George Christy's first two elephants came with the name "Babe" so this one's name was changed to "Nero" and was originally imported by Trader Horne.
One of the perks of working elephants, as Gee Gee Engesser put it "Those gals smell the elephant shit on those guys and go nuts!" however being a musician didn't seem to interfere with James future love life in Hollywood.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you have elephant poop on you, you have it for life, No matter what path you choose. Trust me. I always wondered what my attraction was. Thanks to Gee Gee I now know. All these years I thought it was my Chanel 27. What a waste at $150 an ounce.